Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar (VRP) and National Safety Awards (NSA) were given by the Ministry of Labour and Employment for the performance year 2017.
- The “National Safety Awards (NSA)” and “Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar (VRP)”.(Previously known as ShramVir National Awards) are operated since 1965 under the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- VRP is awarded in recognition of outstanding suggestions given by a worker or a group of workers and receive a cash prize and a certificate of merit in three categories:
a. Class ‘A’ – Five(05) awards of Rs. 75,000/- each
b. Class ‘B’ – Eight(08) awards of Rs. 50,000/- each
c. Class ‘C’- Fifteen(15) awards of Rs. 25,000/- each
- NSA is awarded for the outstanding safety performance of construction sites, ports, industrial establishments, and installations under the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) in management of accident prevention programs.
- A Certificate of Merit and a Shield is given under the NSA.
- A total of 130 candidates have been selected for the performance award for the year 2017.