The Centre government has appointed senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer V.S. Kaumudi as Director General of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) by lowering the post to the rank of Additional Director General.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet comprising of Prime Minister of India (who is the Chairman) and Minister of Home Affairs, approved the proposal made by Union Ministry of Home Affairs for appointing V.S. Kaumudi as Director General (ADG level) BPR&D by temporarily downgrading the DG post to level of Additional Director General (Level-15 of Pay Matrix).
IPS V.S. Kaumudi :
- He is a 1986 batch IPS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre.
- At present she is serving as Additional Director General (ADG) in Central Reserve.
- His appointment as DG of BPR&D will be for a period of two years or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
Bureau of Police Research and Development :
- BPRD was established in 1970 under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- It is a federal law enforcement agency with headquarters in New Delhi.
- It is a national police organisation to study, research and develop (R&D) on subjects and issues related to policing for the purpose of modernisation of police forces.