UPSC invited application form for National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I) 2019 for admission to Army, Navy and Air Force Wings of NDA for 143rd Course and for the 105th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).The detailed eligibility and UPSC online application form procedure are given below.
Name of the Exam : National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Exam
No of Post : 392
Last Date : 4 February 2019
Eligibility Criteria :
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- The minimum acceptable height is 157 cms (162.5 cms. for Air Force).
- Fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cms. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
- Physical standards relaxed as per govt rules.
Age limit: Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 2000 and not
later than 1st July 2003 are eligible.
UPSC Online NDA Exam -List of vacancies: 392 Posts
- National Defence Academy (Army) – 208 Posts
- National Defence Academy (Navy) – 42 Posts
- National Defence Academy (Air Force) – 92 Posts
- Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme) – 50 Posts
Selection Process :
- Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards.
- All the candidates will be put to stage-one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards.
- Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests.
- Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of: (i) Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, (ii) Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
Scheme of Examination:
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
- The question papers (test booklets) of Mathematics and part “B” of General Ability Test will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- For each wrong answer has been given by the candidate, One third (0.33) of the marks deducted as penalty.
|General Ability Test||600||2½ Hours|
|SSB Test/ Interview||900|
UPSC Exam Application Fees: Rs.100/- (No Fee for SC/ST candidates)
- Commencement of Online Application: 09.01.2019
- Last date of Online Application: 04.02.2019
- Last date for payment of application fee through online: 04.02.2019
- Last date for payment of application fee through Pay by Cash: 03.02.2019
- National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I): 21st April 2019
- Commencement of Course (NDA & NA-I): 2nd January 2020.