Ullas Narayan became the first Indian individual medal winner in an international ultra running event by winning bronze in the 2018 International Association of Ultra Running (IAU) 24 Hour Asia & Oceania Championships in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Ullas Narayan secured third position as he completed 250 km. He finished behind Japanese runners Yoshihiko Ishikawa (253 km) and Nobuyuki Takahashi (252 km).
- Indian team, comprising Ullas Narayan (250 km), Sunil Sharma (202 km) and L L Meena (192 km), also won a bronze medal with their combined distance of 644 km.
- In the team event, Japan won gold with a distance of 756 km and Australia got silver with 684 km.
- Ultra races consisted running over extremely long distances which are much longer than the traditional races.
- They are contested in 2 different types of race modalities: over a set distance or a set time.
- The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) joined IAU, the official body for Ultra Running, in 2017.