Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) introduced a ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card for children below the age of five years. No biometric details will be required to get this blue-coloured Baal Aadhaar card. A child below 5 years of age gets a blue in coloured Aadhaar known as Baal Aadhaar. When the child becomes 5 years old, a mandatory biometric update is required.
- The blue-cloured Bal Aadhaar will have no biometric identification, like Iris scan or fingerprint scans, as their parents would be accompanying them anywhere such identification is required.
- Once the kid crosses 5 years of age, then a regular Aadhaar would be issued, which will have the biometric details.
- This card will be linked with his/her parent’s UID. A biometric update is mandatory at age 5, at age 10 and again at age 15. If your child is above the age of 5, then you have to carry the child’s birth certificate and valid school ID.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India functioning under the Planning Commission of India, is responsible for managing Aadhaar numbers and Aadhaar identification cards.
- The motive of issuing Aadhar is to provide a single and unique identification number consisting of all the details like demographic and biometric information.