Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Deb has decided to set up a museum dedicated to noted music composer and director Rahul Dev Burman, popularly known as R.D. Burman or ‘Pancham Da’.
- The museum will have rare collections of Pancham Da’s music, photographs, recordings and books.
- His personal belongings will also be displayed for people.
- R.D. Burman’s wife and singer Asha Bhosle has been invited for the inauguration.
- In 1980, R.D. Burman married singer Asha Bhosle and both of them recorded several hit songs and staged many live performances.
- From 1960s to 1990s, he composed music for 331 films.
- The only son of Sachin Dev Burman, most of RD Burman’s work was done with Asha Bhosle.