The Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Nitin Gadkari launched the Bidder Information Management System (BIMS) and Bhoomi Rashi and PFMS linkage portals. The two IT initiatives of the Transport & Highways Ministry are aimed at expediting pre-construction processes relating to bidding and land acquisition respectively. The Union Minister also announced the institution of Annual Awards for Excellence in National Highways Projects from 2018 onwards.
Bidder Information Management System (BIMS) :
• The portal is aimed at streamlining the process of pre-qualification of bidders for EPC Mode of contracts for National Highway works with enhanced transparency and objectivity.
• The portal will work as a database of information about bidders, covering basic details, civil works experience, cash accruals and network and annual turnover.
• The pre-qualification of bidders can be assessed from the data already stored in the portal so that technical evaluation can be carried out much faster.
• The bidders would be responsible for ensuring that their latest details are available on the BIMS portal.
Bhoomi Rashi portal :
• The portal has been developed by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and the National Informatics Centre.
• It comprises the entire revenue data of the country, right down to 6.4 lakh villages.
• The entire process flow, beginning from the submission of draft notification by the State Government for its approval by the Minister of State for Transport and publication in e-Gazette, will be available online.
• The portal, created for expediting the process of publication of notifications for LA, is now being fully utilised for issuing the notifications and more than 900 notifications have been issued using the portal so far.
Public Financial Management System (PFMS) :
• PFMS is a web-based online software application developed and implemented by the Office of Controller General of Accounts (CGA) to facilitate sound public financial management system for Government of India (GoI).
• It provides various stakeholders with a real-time, reliable and meaningful management information system and an effective decision support system, as part of the Digital India initiative of GoI.
• Integration of PFMS with Bhoomi Rashi is one of the key functionalities to facilitate payment related to compensation for land acquisition to all the beneficiaries directly through the Bhoomi Rashi system.
• With the integration of Bhoomi Rashi with PFMS, payment of Compensation by the Ministry to the beneficiaries will be just-in-time and without any parking of funds.