Tamilnadu Government announced notifications for the recruitment of the post of Assistant Agricultural Officer. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
Name of the Post : Assistant Agricultural Officer
No of Post : 580
Last date : 27 January 2019
- Must have passed Higher Secondary (plus two) Examination.
- Must possess two years Diploma in Agriculture from the Institutions recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu or affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University; or Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul District; or any other institutions under the control of the Commissioner of Agriculture.
Knowledge in Tamil: Applicants should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil.
Age limit (As on 01.07.2018): Minimum Age limit: 18 years
- For Differently Abled Persons: up to 10 years over.
- Others as per Govt Policy
Selection Process :
- Selection will be made on the basis of Written Examination
- Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination, the tentative list of eligible candidates for certificate verification.
Scheme of Examination:
- Paper – I (Agriculture): Diploma Standard – 200 Questions
- Paper-II (General Studies): General Studies (Degree Standard) – 75 Questions and Aptitude and Mental Ability (SSLC Standard) – 25 Questions
- The question paper in Paper – I and II will be set both in Tamil and English.
Maximum Qualifying Marks:
- SCs, SC(A)s and STs/MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs: 150 Marks
- Others: 200 Marks
- Registration Fee: Rs.150/-
- Examination Fee: Rs.100/-
- Date of notification: 27.12.2018
- Last date for submission of application: 27.01.2019
- Last date for payment of fee through Bank (State Bank of India or Indian Bank): 29.01.2019
Date of Written Examination:
- Paper – I (Subject Paper): 07.04.2019 FN 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M
- Paper – II (General Studies): 07.04.2019 AN 02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M