For promoting geniality among the participating nations, India, for the first time will host a part of an international military sports event named ‘ Army Scout Masters Competition ‘ in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan’s for 9 days in August (August 6 to August 14, 2019).
- India will host the fifth Army International Scout Masters Competition as part of the games.
- The competition will be held under the patronage of the Indian Army and is organised by the Konark Corps at Jaisalmer military station.
- The International Army Games, organised by the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, is taking place since 2015.
- The 32 disciples of the International Army Games in 2019, will be hosted by 10 nations, namely, Russia, India, China, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Iran, Mongolia, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
- 8 countries, namely, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Zimbabwe, Armenia, Belarus, China and India will participate in the India leg.
- The last International Army Games (fourth edition) was held at Novosibirsk, Russia in 2018.
- The International Army Games provides a competitive platform for participants of various nations to test their skills and develop camaraderie among each other.