Tata Steel has been recognised as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for 2019. Ethisphere Institute is a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices. For the eighth time, Tata Steel has got the recognition in the ‘Metals, Minerals and Mining’ category.
- 128 companies are recognized for exemplifying and advancing corporate citizenship, transparency and the standards of integrity in the year 2019.
- The honorees are from 21 countries and 50 industries.
- The list includes 16 first-time honorees and eight companies that have been named to the list every year since 2007.
- The other Indian company to find a place in the list of World’s Most Ethical Companies 2019 is Wipro.
The companies are listed World’s Most Ethical Companies based on their score in the Ethisphere’s Ethics Quotient which collects and objectively scores self-reported data in five weighted categories namely:
- Leadership and Reputation
- Ethics Compliance Programme
- Culture of Ethics
- Corporate Citizenship and Responsibility