Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) is undertaking a mass cleanliness-cum-awareness drive in 50 identified beaches under the programme called ‘Swachh- Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan’, from 11 -17 November 2019.
- The drive is organised for cleaning beaches and creating awareness amongst citizens about coastal ecosystems.
- The Ministry has identified 50 beaches under the “Swachh – Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan across 10 coastal States/Union Territories (UTs).
- The drive is undertaken involving school/college students of Eco-clubs, district administration etc. and will continue from 11th -17thNovember, 2019.
- The drive in 50 beaches is administered by the Environment Education Division of the Ministry and Society of Integrated Coastal Management (SICOM).
- State Nodal Agencies for Eco-clubs will facilitate the week long intensive cleanliness drive in all 10 States/UTs. Nodal teachers from respective Eco-clubs will be present at the sites during entire cleanliness drive. To monitor the implementation of the drive, Environment Ministry officials have also been deputed.