Staff Selection Commission released a notification of Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination, 2019 for Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA), Data Entry Operator(DEO) vacancies. The detailed eligibility and SSC CHSL online application process are given below.
Name of the exam : Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2)
Name of the Post : Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA), Data Entry Operator(DEO)
No of Post : To be declared
Last Date : 5 April 2019
Detailed Eligibility :
- Must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
Note: Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and produce documentary evidence from the Board/ University in support thereof as on 01.08.2019 will also be eligible.
Age Limit (As on 01.08.2019): 18 to 27 years. ( Relaxation in ages as per government rule )
Selection process :
SSC CHSL 2019 examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II), Typing Test/ Skill Test (Tier-III) and followed by Document Verification.
Computer Based Examination: Tier-I (Objective Type):
The SSC CHSL Computer-Based Exam conducted between 01-07-2019 to 26-07-2019.Total duration is 60 minutes and Maximum marks is 200 for 100 questions.There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer. This examination tier will consist of Objective Type – Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-II, III & IV
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper Mode
- The duration of the paper would be for one hour (20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates mentioned in Para 7 above). This paper has been
introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which is necessary in Government jobs.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/
Application of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
Tier-III of the Examination would be the Skill Test/ Typing Test which would be of qualifying nature. The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II.
Application Fee : Rs.100/- (No fee for Women/SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities/ Ex-servicemen (Ex-SM) candidates)
Important dates :
- Dates for submission of online applications: 05.03.2019 to 05.04.2019
- Last date for receipt of application: 05.04.2019 (up to 5.00 P.M.)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 07.04.2019 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 07.04.2019 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 09.04.2019
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 01-07-2019 to 26-07-2019
- Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper): 29.09.2019