Indian low-cost airlines SpiceJet has joined the International Air Transport Association (IATA). SpiceJet is the first Indian budget carrier to join the IATA, which has over 290 airlines as members. The membership of IATA will allow SpiceJet to explore and grow its collaborations with international member airlines of IATA through interlining and code shares and also enables to seamlessly expand the network options for its passengers in future.
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines and represents some 290 airlines which contribute to about 82% of total air traffic.
- IATA helps airlines to operate safely, securely, efficiently, and economically under clearly defined rules.
- IATA provides professional support is provided to all industry stakeholders with a wide range of products and expert services.
- IATA aims to assist airlines by simplifying processes and increasing passenger convenience while reducing costs and improving efficiency.
- IATA also aims to improve understanding of the air transport industry among decision makers and increase awareness of the benefits that aviation brings to national and global economies.
- IATA advocates for the interests of airlines across the globe and challenges unreasonable rules and charges and strive for sensible regulation.
- IATA headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada supports airline activity and helps formulate industry policy and standards.