Shubhankar Sharma became the youngest and the fifth Indian to win Asian Tour Order of Merit in golf. The Indian won it even before the finish of the last two events of the year.
- Before Sharma, Jyoti Randhawa (2002), Arjun Atwal (2003), Jeev Milkha Singh (2006 and 2008) and Anirban Lahiri (2015) had achieved the feat.
- With the win, Shubhankar Sharma also captured the Asian Tour Habitat for Humanity Standings title after a ground breaking year of achievements.
- The 22 years old Sharma’s Order of Merit win was confirmed after he managed to secure total prize money of USD 755,994 on the Asian Tour for 2018.
- He will be officially crowned as Asian Tour’s No. 1 during the BNI Indonesia Masters competition scheduled next week in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Shubhankar Sharma was also honoured with the Arjuna Award 2018, which was presented to him by the President of India.