Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha drive was launched to promote water conservation activities among school students by Union ministers Ramesh Pokhriyal and Gajendra Singh Shekhawat .
Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha drive was initiated by the Department of School Education and Literacy under the HRD Ministry to promote awareness about water conservation activities among school students in the country so that they can become more committed, conscientious and competent citizens.
The Education and Literacy department had prepared a detailed plan to implement the programme in all the schools of the country.
- To educate students about conservation of water.
- To sensitize students about the impact of water.
- To empower students to protect the natural sources of water.
- To enable each student to save at least one litre of water per day.
- To help students learn how to use water judiciously and ensure minimum wastage of water at both home and school.