The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narrendra Modi has approved appointment of Rajiv Gauba, as India’s new Cabinet Secretary for a tenure of two years. His term will start from 30 August 2019 or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- Rajiv Gauba, outgoing Home Secretary is appointed as the cabinet secretary for 2 years from 30th August 2019 or until further order, whichever is earlier.
- The ACC has also approved appointment of Rajiv Gauba as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Cabinet Secretariat.
- Mr. Gauba is a 1982 batch IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre and he will replace P.K. Sinha.
- The government has appointed Ajay Kumar as Secretary Defence, Ministry of Defence.
- Ajay Kumar is a 1985 batch IAS officer of Kerala cadre and he will replace Sanjay Mitra.
- Subhash Chandra, a 1986 batch IAS officer of Karnataka cadre has been appointed as Secretary, Defence Production.
- Brij Kumar Agarwal, a 1985 batch IAS officer of Himachal Pradesh cadre has been appointed as Secretary, Lokpal.