President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Science and Technology awards on the foundation day of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) on September 26, 2019. The awards were presented at a function at the Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
The Science and Technology awards honour individuals for their outstanding contribution in the field of science and technology. While addressing the occasion, the President said, “Science and technology is one of the key levers to achieve India’s national goals and to address the larger concerns confronting humanity. “
• The President presented the CSIR Technology Awards to CSIR teams and the GN Ramachandran Gold Medal to Prof. Amitabha Chattopadhyay of CSIR-CCMB.
• The Union Science and Technology Minister also presented the CSIR Young Scientist Awards, CSIR Innovation Award for School Children and Diamond Jubilee Technology Awards on the occasion.
• The Minister also handed over a prototype of the high-temperature fuel cell, an indigenous technology which has been developed by CSIR, to the President.
• A book with the title “Bhatnagar Laureates 1958-2018” was also released on the occasion.
• The prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards 2019 were also announced during the occasion. The awards are considered as the highest multi-disciplinary science awards in India.