Health Minister Harsh Vardhan launched PM-ASMI (Pradhan Mantri – Assured and Safe Motherhood initiative) for infants and mothers.
- The Scheme aims to bring down maternal and infant death to zero by providing quality medical service to them in public healthcare.
- Through PM-ASMI both infrastructure and quality of service will be improved with taking care of dignity of women.
- PM- ASMI will do this by integrating following schemes:
- Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakram which provide free drugs and diagnostics, free provision of blood, free delivery, free diet (during stay in hospital or health institute), free transport from home to hospital etc. to pregnant women and infant.
- Pradhan Mantri Mantriva Abhiyan under which free ante-nate check ups by private medical practitioners are provided to women.
- LaQshya which aims to improve the condition of Labour rooms.