The second edtion of joint training exercise between the Indian Army and the Kazakhstan Army called “PRABAL DOSTYK – 2017”commenced at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
A fourteen day joint training exercise “PRABAL DOSTYK – 2017” between the Indian Army and the Kazakhstan Army commenced today with the Opening Ceremony at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
- The first edition of exercise was held in Karaganda region of Kazakhstan in September 2016
- PRABAL DOSTYK mean Robust Friendship
- The exercise is considered as a significant step towards fostering military as well as diplomatic ties between both countries.
- The 14-day joint exercise is aimed to enhance the military ties between the two countries
- The training contingents comprise of platoon strength from the 11th Gorkha Rifles of the Indian Army and a similar strength of the Kazakhstan Army.
- The exercise will serve as platform for exchange of drills and procedures leading to seamless interoperatability.