Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways & Coal launched two mobile apps, namely, Rail Madad and Menu on Rails. These apps are in line with the ‘Digital India’ initiative of PM Narendra Modi.
Rail Madad App :
- Indian Railways has for the first time completely digitised the Complaint management system through the launch of the Rail Madad App.
- The Rail MADAD (Mobile Application for Desired Assistance During travel) app seeks to expedite passenger grievance redressal.
- The Northern Railways (Delhi Division) has developed the Railway Passenger Grievance Redressal and Management System (RPGRAMS) which encompasses Rail Madad App to register complaints by passengers through mobile phone or web.
- It identifies weak areas and laggard trains/stations for undertaking focussed corrective actions.
‘Menu on Rails’ App :
• Indian Railways also launched a app named ‘Menu on Rails’, developed by IRCTC for creating awareness for the items served to passengers on their Rail Journey.
• The mobile app is available on Android and iOS platforms and its Website version is also available for users.
• It will help in creating awareness among Railway passengers about food items available and their price.
• In case of pre booked foods, Shatabdi/ Rajdhani/ Duronto / Gatiman/ Tejas passengers will become aware about the food items and quantity to be served to them.