Rajya Sabha member Anusuiya Uikey has been appointed as Governor of Chhattisgarh and Senior Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) leader Biswa Bhushan Harichandan appointed as Governor of Andhra Pradesh. Anusuiya Uikey is a sitting member of Rajya Sabha.
• Newly appointed governor of Chhattisgarh Anusuiya Uikey is an elected MP in Rajya Sabha from Madhya Pradesh.
• She has replaced Anandiben Patel, who as Governor of Madhya Pradesh was also holding the additional charge of Chhattisgarh due to sudden demise of Chhattisgarh Governor Balram Das Tandon on August 2018.
• She was previously holding the post of Minister of Women and Child Development in the Madhya Pradesh government.
• Veteran BJP leader Biswa Bhushan Harichandan has been appointed as Governor of Andhra Pradesh.
• Biswa Bhusan has replaced ESL Narasimhan, who is serving as Governor for Andhra Pradesh since December 2009.
• He became member of Bharatiya Jana Sangha in 1971 and became its National Executive Member till the formation of Janta Party in 1977. Later, he joined the BJP and was its President for Odisha from 1980 to 1988.