Noted director and producer Priyadarshan, was conferred the Madhya Pradesh government’s National Kishore Kumar Samman for 2018-19 at a function held in Khandwa, the birthplace of the legendary singer- actor, Kishore Kumar.
- Priyadarshan has made several blockbuster Malayalam and Hindi films. He was conferred the award on 13 October 2019.
- Kishore Kumar died on 13 October 1987 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His death anniversary was marked by a large number of people who arrived at his memorial here and played some of his golden hits.
- Kishore Kumar Samman jury selected noted Hindi cinema actor Waheeda Rehman award for 2017-18. The venue and date for honouring Waheeda Rehman would be announced soon.
- The National Kishore Kumar Award has been instituted in memory of eminent playback singer and all-rounder, Kishore Kumar.
- The award was instituted by MP Department of Culture and is awarded for excellence in cinematic achievements. It carries a citation and a cash prize of Rs.2 lakh.