The second National Ayurveda Day was observed on 28 October 2017. Ayurveda is the traditional Hindu system of medicine based on the idea of balance in bodily systems and uses diet, herbal treatment, and yogic breathing. It has been incorporated in Atharva Veda, the last of the four Vedas.
- Union Government decided to celebrate National Ayurveda Day every year on the occasion of Dhanwantari Jayanti.
- This day marks birth date of Lord Dhanvantari, which occurs before two days before Diwali on Dhanteras. Dhanvantari is the form of Lord Vishnu.
- He is considered as the ideal doctor and manifestation of compassion, representing the wisdom of Ayurveda in practical application.
World Day for Audiovisual Heritage: 27 October 2017
- World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is observed on 27th October every year.
- It is a commemoration of the adoption, in 1980 by the 21st General Conference, of the Recommendation for the Safeguarding and Preservation of Moving Images.
- ” Discover, remember and share “ is the theme of this year’s World Day for Audiovisual Heritage