“Mukhya Mantri Krishi Aashirwad Yojana” was officially launched by the Vice president M. Venkaiah Naidu in Ranchi, Jharkhand .
- The scheme was first announced on 21st December 2018 for doubling farmer’s income in the upcoming 4 years (2022) and is officially launched on 10th August 2019.
- The objective of MMKAY is to serve to improve the financial situation of farmers and provides them with investment support for the Kharif season to double their income by 2022.
- Under the scheme, Rs 5000 Per Acre/year (maximum up to 5 Acres) would be given to Jharkhand’s state farmers for their Kharif crops.
- This Financial fund will be given for the following purpose- Purchase of Fertilizers, Hiring of Farm Equipment, Purchase of Seed, Labour and land preparation and Any other Agriculture related work.
- The beneficiaries would get financial assistance through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.