The Union Minister for Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi launched the country’s first “National Scholarship Portal Mobile App” (NSP Mobile App) in New Delhi. Its objective is to give smooth, accessible and hassle-free scholarship system for students from poor and weaker sections.
Features of the app :
- Give information regarding various scholarships to the students,
- Enable students to apply for scholarships,
- Upload necessary documents,
- Check the status of their application, scholarship disbursement etc,
- Students would get the scholarships directly in their bank accounts under Direct Benefit Transfer.
Under “Empowerment without Appeasement” policy of the government 3 crore students belonging to poor and weaker sections of Minorities got scholarships. The beneficiaries include about 1 crore 63 lakh girls, school dropout rate among Muslim girls has halved.
Ministry of Minority Affairs has worked with commitment to “3E- Education, Employment & Empowerment” and “3T-Teacher, Tiffin, Toilet”.
This enabled inclusion of educational institutions of all Minority communities including Madarsas in mainstream education.