Maharashtra Forest Service (Mains) Exam 2018
Post Name Total
Assistant Forest Guard 16
MPSC Forest Services Mains Examination Syllabus
Paper I : General Studies
- History of India with emphasis on that of Maharashtra
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and the World. Emphasis on that of Maharashtra
- Indian polity and Governance. Constitution and Political System, Rural and Urban local self Government
- Economic and Social Development
Paper – II : General Science & Nature Conservation
1) General Science (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology)
2) Nature Conservation
- Soils: – Physical, chemical and biological properties. Processes and factors of soil formation. Mineral and organic constituents of soil and their role in maintaining soil productivity. Soil profile. Problem soils and their reclamation.
- Soil and moisture conservation:- Causes of soil erosion, method of control, role of forest, characteristics of and steps in Watershed Management.
Eco Systems: – Types, food chain, food web, ecological pyramids, energy flow, biogeochemical cycle of carbon and nitrogen.
2.Manures and Fertilizers:- Types, organic – inorganic.
3. Diseases and pests of plants and animals.
4. Pesticides and insecticides.
5. Injurious plants and weeds.
- Environmental Pollution:- Types, control, bio-indicators, endangered species,.
- Environmental problems related to quarrying and mining.
- Greenhouse effect, Carbon trading, Climate Change.
- Important wild animals of India.
- Breeds of cattle, Economics of fodder and pasture of grassland management.
- Important indigenous trees species of India, exotic plants, plants as a source of forest products such as food, fibre, fuel wood, timber, non-timber, forest produce/minor forest produce. Medicinal plants, Energy plantations, Mangroves, Forest based industries.
- Factors effecting growth and distribution of plants. Forest types of India.
- National parks and Sanctuaries, World heritage sites.
- Social forestry, Joint Forest Management, Agro forestry.
- Indian forest policy, Indian Forest Act, Wild Life Protection Act, Forest Conservation Act, 1980.
- National and International Organization working for nature conservation.
- Use of aerial photographs, thematic maps. Satellite imageries, Principle and application of GIS.
- Biodiversity, causes of loss of biodiversity, importance of biodiversity
- Plants breeding, tissue culture. Tribal’s and forests. Important tribes of India.