The mHariyali mobile application was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs to encourage public engagement in planting trees and Green drives. The application provides automatic geo – tagging of plants. It will hence enable the nodal officers to periodically monitor the plantation.
- The mobile app, “mHariyali” has been launched for ‘Environment Protection in Government Colonies’.
- The app is aimed to encourage Public engagement in planting trees and other such Green drives.
- Facilities provided through the app include:
- The app provides the facility to link/upload the information/photos of any plantation done by people and it will be displayed on the website www.epgc.gov.in.
- The App provides for automatic geo-tagging of plants.
- This app will also enable nodal officers to periodically monitor the plantation.
- “Haryali Mahotsav”, a mass plantation drive was launched in San Martin Park, Chanakyapuri on 28th July 2019 by Secretary HUA in which approx 500 plants were planted.
- 25 Rain Water Harvesting structures were constructed and 307 systems were augmented.