The Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched the Margadarshan and Margdarshak initiative for mentoring institutions.
- Under the initiative, the topmost institutions will mentor institutions that need support for improving their rankings.
- Under the Margadarshan scheme, highly performing institutions with good accreditation record are supposed to mentor relatively newer 10 – 12 potential institutions.
- These institutions are also provided funding up to Rs. 50 lakhs per institution over a period of 3 years in instalments for carrying out various activities like training, workshops, conferences and travel.
- Under the Margdarshak Scheme, mentors/teachers (Margdarshaks) who are serving or superannuated and willing to devote adequate time to make required visits to these Institutions are identified.
- These Margdarshaks will regularly visit to the mentee institutions, stay on their campus and guide them for their improvement in quality so that institutions are able to get accreditation by the NBA.
- In the 1st phase, institutes are provided Margadarshaks, those having a student enrolment of at least 70% and willing to get mentoring through AICTE’s Margadarshaks but are not yet accredited.