Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) released a notification for 590 vacancies of Assistant Administrative Officer in various disciplines (Generalist/IT/ Chartered Accountant/ Actuarial/ Rajbhasha). The detailed eligibility criteria and LIC AAO Recruitment application process are given below.
Name of the Post : Assistant Administrative Officer
No of Post : 590
Job Location : Across India
Last Date : 22 March 2019
For AAO (Generalist): Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized Indian University/Institution.
For AAO (IT): Graduation degree in Engineering in Computer Science, IT or Electronics, or an MCA, or an MSC(Computer Science) from a recognized Indian University/Institution.
For AAO (Chartered Accountant):
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized Indian University/Institution and Candidate should have passed Final Examination of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and completion of Articles as presented by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
- Candidates should be Associate member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
For AAO (Actuarial):
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized Indian University/Institution and Candidates should have compulsorily passed paper CT1 and CT5 plus 4 or more other papers of the examination conducted by the Institute of Actuaries of India / Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, UK. (Total 6 or more papers).
- Candidates should provide their membership number and the same will be verified with Institute of Actuaries of India /Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, UK.
For AAO (Rajbhasha):
- Post Graduate Master’s Degree in Hindi/Hindi translation with English as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s Degree level. OR
- Post Graduate Master’s Degree in English with Hindi as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s degree level. OR
- Post Graduate Master’s Degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at Bachelor’s degree level.
Age limit (As on 01.03.2019): 21 to 30 years.
Post wise vacancies: 590 Posts
- AAO (Generalist) – 350 Posts
- AAO (IT) – 150 Posts
- AAO (CA) – 50 Posts
- AAO (Actuarial) – 30 Posts
- AAO (Rajbhasha) – 10 Posts
Selection process :
Selection of Assistant Administrative Officers will be done through a three tiered process and subsequent Pre-recruitment Medical examination.
- Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
- Phase-II: Main Examination
- Phase-III: Interview
Scheme of Preliminary Examination:
|Name of Test||No. of Qns||Max Marks|
|English Language (Qualifying nature)||30||30|
- For SC/ST/PWD Candidates: Rs.100/-
- For all Other Candidates: Rs.600/-
Important dates :
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 02.03.2019
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 22.03.2019
- Payment of Application Fee: 02.03.2019 to 22.03.2019
- Download of Call Letter for Online Preliminary Examination: 22.04.2019 to 30.04.2019
- Dates of Online Examination – Preliminary (tentative): 4th & 5th May 2019
- Dates of Online Examination – Main (tentative): 28th June 2019