The Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath launched the government’s flagship scheme ‘Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana’ on October 25, 2019. The scheme was launched in Lucknow and Union Women and Child Minister Smriti Irani was present on the occasion.
- Kanya Sumangala yojana will provide a fund worth Rs 15000 to every family where a girl child is born. The amount will be released to the family in a phased manner.
- Kanya Sumangala scheme has been designed in a way that the parents will have to take proper care of the girl child with respect to her health and education and other aspects, in order to get the benefit.
- Over 1.25 lakh registrations have already been initiated under the scheme. All girl children born after April 1, 2019 are eligible for the full fund.
- For the girl children born before April 1, 2019, the date will be used as a cut-off for other levels, in which they will be entitled to receive a part of the fund.
- For eg, if a girl child has taken admission in Class 1 after April 1, 2019, the funds that would have been released at her birth and completion of first vaccination will be subtracted and the remaining will be given to her in the scheduled installments.