Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, J P Nadda announced that 29 States and Union Territories (UTs) signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the implementation of on Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna (AB-PMJAY).
MoU has been signed between the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare where one lakh ‘Aa rogya Mitras’ will be trained by Skill India.
- He further announced that 29 States and Union Territories (UTs) signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the implementation of the scheme.
- The pilot project has started in 16 States and UTs and others will follow before the pan India launch.
- He also launched the Data Privacy and Information Security Policy and Anti-fraud Guidelines to capture fake websites.
- 94 controls set at various levels for secure handling of sensitive personal data has been made by the National Health Agency Information Security and Data Privacy.
- For identification of beneficiaries of the Ayushman Bharat scheme, letters will be sent to every family having a QR code.
- 85 percent of rural families and 60 percent of urban families have been identified so far under the scheme.
- Services including more than 1,300 procedures covering pre and post hospitalisation, diagnostics, medicines among others would be provided.
- Three days ahead of admission and 15 day after discharge, people will be given free medicines, diagnostics and all others.
Ayushman Bharat :
Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission is a scheme that was announced by the Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitely while presenting the General Budget 2018-19 will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crorebeneficiaries) providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.