Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Space Agency of France CNES have agreed to collaborate on Maritime Surveillance and Training for Gaganyaan project. India has also signed an agreement with Russia for the Gaganyaan Project.
- ISRO and CNES have signed an agreement to set up a maritime surveillance centre in the country.
- The agreement intends to supply an operational system for detecting, identifying and tracking ships in the Indian Ocean, provides for a maritime surveillance centre to be set up in India, sharing of capacity to process existing satellite data and joint development of associated algorithms.
- ISRO and CNES will build a constellation of satellites for maritime surveillance intended to identify and track ships in the Indian Ocean.
- ISRO and CNES have signed an agreement to train Indian Scientists for the ‘Gaganyaan’ project at the Toulouse Space Centre in France.
- Indian Scientists will also be trained at CADMOS, the centre for development of microgravity applications and space operations, and the MEDES Space Clinic in France.