The second edition of International Symposium to Promote Innovation & Research in Energy Efficiency (INSPIRE 2018) was launched in New Delhi. It was jointly organised by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and World Bank. The three-day symposium focused on enhancing grid management, e-Mobility, financial instruments and technologies for energy efficiency in India.
- #InnovateToINSPIRE challenge was organized by EESL and World resources Institute (WRI) in August- October 2018 in run-up to INSPIRE 2018.
- The challenge had invited participants to submit sustainable and scalable solutions to seven specific challenges spanning grid management, e-Mobility, energy efficient technologies and financial instruments.
- Four winners were selected from 94 entries by eminent jury comprised of Indian and international experts in the field of energy.
- The winning entries received award of Rs. 5 lakhs, each, along with mentoring and guidance from EESL to help them bring their solutions to market.
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) :
- EESL was set up under Union Ministry of Power to facilitate implementation of energy efficiency projects.
- It is a joint venture of NTPC Limited, Power Finance Corporation (PFC), Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) and POWERGRID.
- It leads market-related actions of National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency (NMEEE).
- It also acts as the resource centre for capacity building of State DISCOMs.
- It is also implementing the world’s largest energy efficiency portfolio in the country.