Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi unfurled India’s highest tricolour on the terrace of the majestic Haj House in Mumbai. The national flag measured 20×30 feet and stood 350 feet above the ground level.
- The flag is 20×30 feet in dimensions and stands 350 feet above the ground.
- It is atop a 20-metre high mast on top of the iconic building near the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) in south Mumbai.
- This makes it the highest tricolour installed on the terrace of any building of such height in the country.
- This flag has been manufactured by Flag Company.
- The minister also inaugurated a special ‘viewers gallery’ atop the Haj House to overlook the gems of Mumbai.
- He also announced the schedule of Haj 2019 which will be 100 per cent subsidy free.
- Further he announced the upcoming app designed for the online application process for Haj.