Indian Navy released a notifications for the recruitment of Permanent Commission (PC) officers in Executive (GS) Branch and Short Service Commission (SSC) officers in Executive and Technical Branch. The detailed eligibility and application process are given in below.
Name of the Post : PC/SSC Officers
No of the Post : 102
Last Date : 1 February 2019
Educational Qualification: Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering course from any AICTE recognised educational institute with 60% marks till 5th/7th semester in regular/integrated course respectively.
- Minimum height – 157 cms.
- Correlated weight as per height and age.
Eligible Streams in Executive/Technical Branches:
|Branch/Cadre||Streams in BE/ B. Tech|
|NAIC||(i) Electrical (ii) Electrical & Electronics (iii) Electronics (iv) Applied Electronics & Instrumentation (v) Electronics & Communication (vi) Electronics & Tele Communication (vii) Electronics & Instrumentation (viii) Instrumentation (ix) Instrumentation & Control (x) Micro-electronics (xi) Mechanical (xii) Control (xiii) Industrial Production (xiv) Industrial (xv) Production (xvi) Aero Space (xvii) Metallurgy (xviii) Metallurgical (xix) Chemical (xx) Material Science (xxi) Computer Science (xxii) Information Technology (xxiii) Computer (xxiv) Computer Application|
|General Service/ Hydrography Cadre||BE/B.Tech (Any Discipline)|
|Engineering Branch||(i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Instrumentation (iv) Production (v) Aeronautical (vi) ) Industrial Engineering & Management (vii) Control Engg (viii) Aero Space (ix) Automobiles (x) Metallurgy (xi) Mechatronics (xii) Instrumentation & Control|
|Electrical Branch||(i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Tele Communications (iv) Electronics and Communication (v) Power Engineering (vi) Power Electronics (vii) Electronics & Instrumentation (viii) Instrumentation & Control (ix) Instrumentation|
Age limit: Born between 02 Jan 1995 & 01 Jul 2000 (both dates inclusive).
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for SSB interviews based on percentage of marks obtained in BE/B.Tech degree.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day.
- Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Starting date for Online application: 12 January 2019
- Last date of Online application: 1 February 2019
- Date of SSB Interview: April 2019 – July 2019
- Commencement of training: January 2020