Join Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 notifications for Sailors for Direct Entry Petty Officer, Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) & Matric Recruit (MR) through Sports Quota Entry. The detailed eligibility and application process are given in below.
Name of the Post : Sailors
Qualification : 10th/12th
Eligibility criteria :
Direct Entry Petty Officer: 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent examination.
- Team Games – Should have participated at International/National/State level at junior/ senior level or represented a University in the Inter University tournament.
- Individual Events- Should have attained a minimum of 6th position in Nationals (seniors) or 3rd position in National (juniors) or 3rd position in the Inter University meets.
Sailors (Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR)): 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent
Sports Proficiency: Should have participated at International/National/State level or represented a University in the Inter University tournament.
Sailors (Matric Recruit (MR)): Chef, Steward & Hygienist – 10th /equivalent qualified.
Sports Proficiency: Should have participated at International/National/State level tournament.
Eligible Sports Disciplines: Athletics, Aquatics, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Football, Gymnastics, Handball, Hockey, Kabaddi, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Wrestling, Squash, Best Physique, Fencing, Golf, Tennis, Kayaking & Canoeing, Rowing, Shooting, Sailing & Wind Surfing and Equestrian (Horse Polo).
- Minimum height – 157 cms
- Weight and Chest should be proportionate.
- Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms
- Relaxed as per Govt rules.
- Sailors (Direct Entry Petty Officer): 17 to 22 years (Born between 01 Feb 1997 to 31 Jan 2002)
- Sailors (Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR)): 17 to 21 years (Born between 01 Feb 1998 to 31 Jan 2002).
- Sailors (Matric Recruit (MR)): 17 to 21 years (Born between 01 Apr 1998 to 31 Mar 2002).
Sailors Selection Process :
- Deserving candidates would be called to appear for trials at designated Naval Centers.
- The candidates qualifying trials will undergo Medical examination at INS Hamla, Mumbai.
- The offer of enrolment will be forwarded to the selected candidates only, which will be strictly determined by requirement in particular sports disciplines and availability of vacancies.
All interested and eligible candidates can send a duly filled application along with required documents to the following postal address on or before 26 January 2019.
INDIAN NAVY SPORTS CONTROL BOARD,
7th Floor, Chankya Bhavan,
MoD (NAVY), NEW DELHI 110 021