As per the recently released Henley Passport Index 2019, which ranks 199 countries in the world based on their Visa-Free Scores showed that Indian passport ranked at 86th position with a mobility score of 58. Japan and Singapore secured the joint top spot as the most powerful passports in the world with a score of 189.
- South Korea now holds second place on the index along with Finland and Germany and it is followed by Denmark, Italy, and Luxembourg (3rd ).
- The index includes 199 passports and 227 travel destinations including micro-states and territories.
- India seated 86th position with Mauritiana and Sao Tome and Principe.
- 58 countries around the world will allow visa-free entry to Indian passport holders.
- France has dropped to the 4th place with Spain and Sweden. The UK and the US now share the sixth place – the lowest position either country has held since 2010 with 183 scores.
- Afghanistan at the 109th place is last on the list with a score of just 25.
- In 2018 index, India ranked 79th position.