INSEAD business school in partnership with Tata Communications and Adecco Group released the 6th edition of Global Talent Competitive Index (GTCI) 2019 which stated that India has moved up one position to rank 80th on the Global Talent Competitive Index 2019 ranking.
- The report, suggested that India’s biggest challenge is to improve its ability to attract and retain talent and there is a need to address its poor level of Internal Openness in particular with respect to weak gender equality and low tolerances towards minorities and immigrants and its disappointing showing in lifestyle indicators.
- The top 5 countries in the index included Switzerland followed by Singapore, the US, Norway and Denmark.
- At 45th position in overall ranking, China emerged as the best performer among the BRICS countries.
- The survey measures how countries and cities grow, attract and retain talent, ranking 125 countries and 114 cities across all groups of income and levels of development.
- The top-ranked city this year is Washington, DC, followed by Copenhagen, Oslo, Vienna and Zurich.
- The ranking was released on the first day of the World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland.