World Economic Forum(WEF) released the Index on Most Competitive Economy for 2018,in which India ranked 58th out of 140 Countries.India jumped 5 places from 2017.
- India Scored 62.0 in the latest Global Competitiveness Index.This is the largest gain among all G20 economies.
- US topped the Index,Singapore and Germany followed it.
- China Ranked at the 28th Position with a score of 72.6 among the BRICS Countries,Russia ranked 43rd Position with a score of 65.6,South Africa with a score of 60.8 ranked 67th Position and Brazil ranked with 72nd Position with a score 59.5.
- The Country is ranked on the following factor: Institutions, Infrastructure; Technological readiness; Macroeconomic context; Health; Education and skills; Product market; Labour market; Financial system; Market size; Business dynamism; and Innovation.
- Top 10 Countries:1.US, 2.Singapore, 3.Germany , 4.Switzerland, 5.Japan, 6.Netherland, 7.Hong Kong, 8.United Kingdom, 9.Swedan, 10.Denmark.