India has ranked 12th in the world in terms of web-borne threats, according to a recent report by global cybersecurity company, Kaspersky Lab.It is known that money is the main motivation behind a cyber attack, and India being one of the largest and developing populations, cannot afford to be vulnerable online.
- In the 3rd quarter (July- September), 32.8 % of users were attacked by web-borne threats in India.
- Kaspersky Lab products detected 48,093,743 Internet-borne malware incidents on computers of KSN participants in India.
- Regarding vulnerabilities in browsers and their plugins (drive-by download), infection happened when visiting an infected website, without any intervention from user and without their knowledge.
- This is the most used method by cybercriminals for these kind of attacks.
- During July-September 2018, Kaspersky Lab products detected 68,405,291 local malware incidents on computers of KSN participants in India.
- Overall, 56.1 % of users in India were attacked by local threats during this period, placing India at 53rd sport globally.