India Post released a notification for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) at Tamil Nadu & Odisha Circle.The detailed eligibility criteria and application process are given below.
Name of the Post : Gramin Dak Sevaks
No of Post : 8834
Job Location : Tamil Nadu & Odisha
Last Date : 15 April 2019
Educational Qualification: Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th std with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India.
Compulsory knowledge of Local Language: The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of
Constitution of India.
Computer Knowledge: Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Govt/State Govt/Universities / Boards/ Private Institutions/ Organizations.
Age Limit (As on 15.03.2019): 18 to 40 years.
Relaxation in upper age limit:
- 5 years for SC & ST candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- 10 years for PWD candidates (13 years for OBC, 15 years for SC/ST)
- Others as per Govt rules.
State wise vacancies: 8834 Posts
- Odisha – 4392 Posts
- Tamilnadu – 4442 Posts
Selection Process :
- Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification.
- Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection.
Application Fee: Rs.100/- (No fee for SC/ST/PWD and Women candidates)
Important Dates :
- Application online Submission Start Date: 15/03/2019
- Application online Submission End Date: 15/04/2019