India and Bolivia have signed eight Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) in diverse sectors including culture, space and medicine to boost bilateral cooperation. They were signed during President Ram Nath Kovind’s official three-day visit to the country. It was second leg of President Kovind’s three-nation visit to Croatia, Bolivia and Chile. During this visit, President Kovind was conferred with Bolovia’s highest State honour “Condor de Los Andes en el Grado de Gran Collar”.
- Agreement on Exemption of Visa for Diplomatic and Official Passport holders: It seeks to facilitate entry into either country of Official and Diplomatic Passport Holders without visa for maximum of 90 days in any period of 180 days.
- MoU on Exchange between diplomatic academies: It seeks to promote development of academic cooperation in training of diplomats, including structure and content.
- MoU on Cooperation on Bi-Oceanic Railway Integration Corridor Project: It seeks to exchange experiences on relevant areas for consultancy and construction of Corridor and provide technical advice to deepen necessary studies.
- It also seeks to contribute to establish continuous cooperation between public and private companies of both countries on issues related to planning, construction and operation of the Corridor.
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Geology and Mineral Resources: It seeks to promote and expand bilateral relations in field of geology and mineral resources. It will be based on principles of equality and mutual benefit on a long and enduring basis.
- Programnme of Cultural Exchange for the period 2019-21: It seeks to expand relationship in the field of culture through various activities and exchange of groups, artists, exhibitions and film festivals etc.
- Agreement for establishment of India-Bolivia Centre of Excellence for Information & Communication Technologies (IB-CENETIC): It will play imporatant role in capacity building of Bolivian professionals and to encourage research and development.
- MoU on cooperation in field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy: It seeks to strengthen, promote and develop co-operation in the fields of traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy.
- MoU on Space Cooperation: It seeks to promote development of partnerships in the field of exploration of outer space and application of space technologies for the benefit of the people of both countries.