During the ongoing visit of the Abul Hassan Mahmood Ali, the Foreign Minister of Bangladesh, India and Bangladesh signed a MoU for training 1800 Bangladesh Civil Servants.
- The MoU was signed between India’s National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) and the Ministry of Public Administration of Bangladesh.
- The NCGG would be training the Bangladesh Civil Servants for the second time.
- 1500 Bangladesh Civil Servants have already been trained in NCGG under the first MOU signed 5 years ago.
- The civil servants from Bangladesh would be trained at the NCGG an institute under the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG).
- Officers of the rank Additional Deputy Commissioners/ Additional District Magistrates, Upazila Nirbahi Officers, Deputy Director Local Government, Senior Assistant Secretaries, Senior Assistant Commissioners, Assistant Commissioners (Land) and Officers of equivalent rank in the Ministries from Bangladesh Civil Service (Administration) cadre would be trained in India.
- The Civil Servants from Bangladesh will be trained in e-Governance and service delivery, public policy and implementation, information technology, decentralization, urban development and planning, Ethics in Administration and challenges in the implementation of SDGs.