Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) announced a notification for 1,599 Specialist Officer (SO) vacancies in various Banks. The detailed eligibility and application process of IBPS Recruitment are given in below.
Name of the Post : Specialist Officers
No of Post : 1599
Qualification : B.E/B.Tech/MBA/Any degree
- 4 year Engineering/ Technology Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation. OR
- Post Graduate Degree in Electronics/ Electronics & Tele Communication/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications. OR
- Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level
Agricultural Field Officer:
- 4 year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri. Marketing & Cooperation/ Co-operation & Banking/ Agro-Forestry/Forestry/Agricultural Biotechnology/ Food Science/ Agriculture Business Management/ Food Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Agricultural Engineering
- Post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree (graduation) level
- Postgraduate degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the degree (graduation) level.
- A Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council
Graduate and Two Years Full time Post Graduate degree or Two Years Full time Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/ HR / HRD/ Social Work / Labour Law.
Graduate and Two Years Full time MMS (Marketing)/ Two Years Full time MBA (Marketing)/ Two Years Full time PGDBA / PGDBM/ PGPM/ PGDM with specialization in Marketing
Note: For posts other than IT Officer: Candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/ College/ Institute.
Age limit (As on 1.11.2018): 20 to 30 years
Relaxation of Upper age limit:
- 5 years for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe
- 3 years for Other Backward Classes
- 10 years for Persons With Disability
- Others as per government policy
Post wise Vacancies: 1599 Posts
- I.T. Officer: 219 Posts
- Agricultural Field Officer: 853 Posts
- Rajbhasha Adhikari: 69 Posts
- Law Officer: 75 Posts
- HR/Personnel Officer: 81 Posts
- Marketing Officer: 302 Posts
Selection process :
IBPS SO 2018 Preliminary Examination:
The preliminary examination is conducted for 125 Marks for 2Hrs time duration.
For the post of Law Officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari:
|General Awareness with Special Reference to Banking Industry||50||50|
For the Post of IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer:
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS.Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
IBPS SO 2018 Main Examination:
For the Post of Law Officer, IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer:
For the Post of Rajbhasha Adhikari:
Total Marks: 60
|Professional Knowledge (Objective)||45|
|Professional Knowledge (Descriptive)||2|
IBPS SO Interview:
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Main examination for CRP SPL-VII will subsequently be called for an Interview. The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage of Online Main Examination and interview will be 80:20 respectively.
IBPS SO Application Fees:
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates: Rs.100/-
- For all others: Rs. 600/-
Apply link (Online Application available from 6 November 2018)
Important dates for IBPS SO 2018 :
- On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application: 06.11.2018- 26.11.2018
- Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online): 06.11.2018- 26.11.2018
- Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary: December 2018
- Online Examination – Preliminary: 29.12.2018 and 30.12.2018
- Result of Online exam – Preliminary: January 2019
- Online Examination – Main: 27.01.2019
- Declaration of Result of Online Main Examination: February 2019
- Conduct of interview: February 2018