Every year on September 14, Hindi Diwas (hindi day) is observed. This day marks the adoption of Hindi language (written in Devanagari script) as official language of the nation, under article 343 of the Indian constitution in 1949.
- Union home minister Shri Amit Shah presented 2019 Rajbhasha Gaurav Puraskar and Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar awards to the chiefs of various departments, Ministries and other officers for promoting the language.
- Shri Shah, announced public program Hindi Divas Samaroh that will be launched in 2020 to promote Hindi outside Delhi and celebrate Hindi Saptah(hindi week) across the country.
- The home minister launched E-Saral Hindi Vakya Kosh and E-Maha Shabda Kosh Mobile App for growth of Hindi language through information and technology.
- Ministers of State(MoS) for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai, G.Kishan Reddy and other officials were also present.
- Some of the most notable stalwarts with whose efforts Hindi was adopted as the national language were, Beohar Rajendra Simha along with other pro-Hindi speakers including Hazari Prasad Dwivedi, Kaka Kalelkar, Maithili Sharan Gupta and Seth Govind.