The Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar launched 2 insurance schemes named “Mukhyamantri Vyapari Samuhik Niji Durghatna Beema Yojana” and “Mukhyamantri Vyapari Kshatipurti Beema Yojana‘” for traders registered under the Haryana Goods and Service Tax (HGST) Act, 2017. Premium of Rs 38 crore for both the schemes will be paid by the Haryana state government.
- Under the Mukhyamantri Vyapari Samuhik Niji Durghatna Beema Yojana, an accident insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh will be provided for 3.75 lakh registered traders.
- Under the Mukhyamantri Vyapari Kshatipurti Beema Yojana, an insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh to Rs 25 lakh will be provided for 3.13 lakh registered small and medium traders. Haryana became the first state in India to implement this scheme.
- All the families in Haryana with an annual family income of Rs 1.80 lakh will be covered under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
- The monthly wages of ‘Safai Karamcharis’ working in urban areas was hiked to Rs 15,000 from Rs 13,500 and in rural areas to Rs 12,500 from Rs 11,000.
- Families living in electricity-deprived habitats outside a radius of one kilometer from villages will be covered under the Manohar Jyoti Yojana.