Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) launched full-fledged Green Skill Development Programme (GSDP). It aims to train over 5.5 lakh workers in environment and forest sectors in the country through 30 courses by 2021 for sustainable conservation and management of natural resources. GSDP-ENVIS mobile application was also launched to provide more information and applying to courses under GSDP programme.
- It aims to train over 5.5 lakh workers in environment and forest sectors in the country through 30 courses by 2021.
- A mobile app GSDP-ENVIS (Green Skill Development Programme -Environment Information System) was also launched by the Environment minister Harsh Vardhan.
- This initiative will help boost employability and entrepreneurship of the youth in the country.
- The GSDP has launched a year ago, as a pilot project in 10 districts of the country.
- Under the GSDP, 80,000 youths in the country will be trained at 80 institutions in next one year.
- The number will be raised to over 2 lakh in the following year and eventually by 2021 a total over 5.5 lakh youths will be trained as green skilled workers.
- With the help of its Environment Information System (ENVIS) hubs and other institutions, the Environment Ministry would take up skill development of youth in the environment and forest sectors through 30 courses.
- It would promote sustainable conservation and management of natural resources.