The “Green Good Deeds” campaign is launched by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. The Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr Harsh Vardhan appealed to the teaching community to join the “Green Good Deeds” campaign.
- He stated people in Delhi are facing problems due to air pollution and therefore people should join this campaign to sensitise others about climate change and global warming.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan said that it is not impossible to restore our clean and green environment.
- He further stated that is not merely a technical issue, but a moral responsibility ‘to restore and return the clean and green environment to the next generation.
- With this objective in mind, the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change has launched a people-oriented campaign named “Green Good Deeds.”
- In his speech, he reminded the teachers of their “Green Social Responsibility” (GSR), similar to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Referring to the crucial role played by “Polio Sainiks” from municipal corporation schools in the Pulse Polio campaign, he highlighted the need for “Green Sainiks” to broad-base the Green Good Deeds movement and to take it down to the grassroots level successfully.
- Even a mobile application named ‘Dr Harsh Vardhan’ has been devised and launched recently to reach out to people across India on the campaign.