The Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions announced the increase in incentives of Central Government employees acquiring higher qualifications while serving in the job. Till now, the Central Government employees acquiring fresh higher qualifications after coming into service were granted incentives in the form of one-time lump-sum amount ranging Rs 2000 to Rs 10,000.
Now with the hike, the employees will get minimum of Rs 10,000 to a maximum of Rs 30,000 as incentives for acquiring higher qualifications like Ph.D, a five-fold increase in one-time incentive.
• The incentives will be given only for higher qualification acquired after induction into the service.
• The incentive will not be available for the qualifications which are laid down as essential or desirable qualifications in the recruitment rules for the post.
• No incentive will be paid for acquiring higher qualification purely on academic or literary subjects.
• The acquisition of the qualification should be directly related to the functions of the post held by him/her, or to the functions to be performed in the next higher post.
• The quantum of incentive for a particular qualification will be uniform for all posts, irrespective of their classification or grade.
• No incentives would be granted if an appointment is made in relaxation of the educational qualifications.
• The incentives will be provided only two times in an employee’s career, with a minimum gap of two years.
• The employee can claim the incentives within six months from the date of acquisition of the higher qualification.