The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) notified that for better human resource management, it will conduct annual performance appraisal report (APARs) of over 46,000 Group B and C officers (IRS– Indian Revenue Service officers in Customs and Central Excise in 2016-17) online in SPARROW (Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window).
- This project is being implemented in over 400 formations of CBICacross India.
- The DGHRM (Directorate General of Human Resource Management), the HR (Human Resource) arm of CBIC, is the implementing agency for this project.
- The project serves as a key landmark in the path towards digitization and paper-less working since it leverages modern technology for improving the wholesome efficiency of the huge workforce working in Central GST (Goods and Services Tax) and Customs formations of CBIC.
- Shri P.K.Das, Chairman, CBIC has inaugurated the project from the Board Office, North Block, New Delhi in presence of Member (Admn)-CBIC Shri A.K. Pandey, and officers of DGHRM-CBIC.
- Online writing of Annual Performance Appraisal Report’s (APAR) in SPARROW for IRS (C&CE) Officers has already been implemented in year 2016-17. The Indian Revenue Service C&CE handles set of indirect taxes namely Service Tax, Central Excise, Customs etc.